Monday, April 23, 2007

Man Receives 5,000 Phone Calls After Posting Phone Number on YouTube

5,000. Wow.

So this guy posts his number on YouTube in case people "just want to talk," I suppose he is there to listen. He doesn't know people, but yet says he "cares" about these people. This whole concept is so bizarre to me that I cannot even begin to put my finger around it. What makes this situation even more interesting is the fact that the guy is paying for his cell phone bill and the extra minutes and text messages that come as a result of his YouTube phone number posting.

I can understanding eating the cost of building a website because you're hoping to get swallowed up by a larger media conglomerate, but a cell phone bill? I know that this guy is trying to be a friend (and is likely a wonderful conversationalist), but there has to come a point where you need to sleep and cannot handle the beeping of call waiting interrupting you every second of the day, right? Am I completely off base here? What even weirder to me is the fact that this guy is 20 years old! He's not some nice 70 year old lady who has a lot of money to burn from her 401k and IRA, but a "spiky haired" 20 year old male. I hope he makes something of this.

Otherwise, things are going pretty well. School is winding down and I'll be turning in my third to last paper on Wednesday and submitting my thesis next Tuesday. You guys were right, the excitement builds as graduation gets closer... Can't wait to get there.

No comments: