Monday, April 23, 2007


Rapper Lil Romeo to play basketball for the USC Trojans?

According to the Los Angeles Daily News, what was once a dream could become a reality (for me). Lil Romeo (you know, "Romeo! Make them elbows swing, Romeo make them elbows swing!") hopes to suit up in the Cardinal and Gold and play for Tim Floyd and the University of Southern California Trojans.

Can Romeo do what Bow Wow couldn't and make it to the league? He stands at about six feet tall right now as a high school junior and genetically, the kid has game through his father Master P, who had a couple summer league stints in the NBA. I would personally love to see this kid come to USC and play with OJ Mayo. I have no doubt that Romeo has game and that he's come a long way since telling girls that he "ain't need a girlfriend" despite the fact that girls once proclaimed, "Oh Romeo, you're the cutest boy I know..." To which Romeo could only respond "I know, I know," like any rapper at the top of his game.


Put this guy on the court. Sell tickets. Sell jerseys. And finally give USC more hood appeal than UCLA (a mystery that makes no sense because UCLA is in the 'burbs, while USC is South LA)

I'll proclaim it here. If Romeo sends in his letter of intent to USC, I'll drop whatever it takes to get season tickets so that I can watch P. Miller's kid and OJ Mayo take USC basketball to a level of popularity that has never been seen and will never see again. Follow your dream, Romeo and come to USC. I have little doubt in my mind that you will break the record for being asked to the most sorority invites, exchanges, and formals in USC history. For this reason alone, fax in that Letter of Intent.
Romeo + Mayo = Sold out Galen Center and a Final Four Appearance.

No comments: