Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Arizona Cardinal quarterback and former USC signal caller Matt Leinart being asked to pay $30,000 a month to USC basketball player and his baby's mama Brynn Cameron?
Brynn with baby Cole Cameron Leinart.
I do my best not to write on anything related to USC football, but this is an interesting story. TMZ is reporting that despite Matt allegedly buying Brynn a car and paying about $6,000/month to support their child, it might not be enough for the Cameron family.
Despite the fact that Leinart has been painted by the media as an excellent father to his son, Cameron had different comments, saying,



"It's kind of hard for me as the mom — I'm with Cole probably 99.9 percent of the time — to open a magazine or read a newspaper article with Matt saying, Oh, I love being a dad. I love changing diapers. I love doing this. I'm like, Wait, what?' " said Cameron, who added, "I don't know how to word how he is about this, but it's been hard when I'm doing all the work, but he gets all the credit for it."

The Arizona Cardinals quarterback and former USC star "comes and goes whenever he wants," Cameron said." Source

More on the pending potential courtroom drama here.
Cameron's comments paint a very different picture than those presented by the media and even in how drama-loving TMZ.com chooses to write about the quarterback.



"Sources tell TMZ that the former USC star already "comes back to L.A. once a week, every week, to see the baby," but he wants a schedule where he can see the kid in Arizona as well. Unlike most pro athlete dads who have kids out of wedlock, we're told Matt is an engaged father who wants to be in his son's life."



I know Matt and know him to be a great guy. I hope that this situation finds a way to sort itself out amicably for the baby and for their joint parenthood relationship. Clearly, the story has already made its way to the media and now it'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Not taking sides on this one, but I just hope that a peaceful resolution can be made for all parties involved.

No comments: