Sunday, July 22, 2007

Forbes.com release its Top 15 list of "Hollywood's Sexiest Celebrities," proving why Forbes Magazine is not a men's magazine because this list is awful.

I could live Maxim naming Lindsay Lohan its hottest woman of 2006, despite the fact that I don't think she's nearly all that hot, but I could at least understand that because people like Scarlett Johansson and Megan Fox at least made the list.

Let's look at the Forbes list for a minute:
1) Salma Hayek: I know a lot of guys like her, but #1?
2) Jessica Alba: I can live with this one, even though I got off the Alba bandwagon years ago
2) Carmen Electra: Does any guy still search for pictures of Carmen Electra online after that MTV show with Dave Navarro and her? I was never a huge fan to begin with...
4) Shakira: I know some people who would agree, but I wouldn't put her this high
5) Halle Barry: Really? I remember when people would say she was hot... on episodes of Fresh Prince of Bel Air nearly ten years ago
5) Beyonce': That's Jay-Z's girl and she is really good looking, so I can't really argue with this one
7) Eva Longoria: Used to be a big fan, I could see this one too
8) Catherine Zeta-Jones: This would have been a cool pick five years ago, now she's the T-Mobile lady
9) Elizabeth Hurley: I'd even go with an Elizabeth Shue over an Elizabeth Hurley at this point, just don't see this one
9) Raquel Welch: She's 66 years old... Elizabeth Hurley's self esteem just dropped about 50 points
9) Jessica Biel: You're really going to say that Jessica Biel and Raquel Welch and Elizabeth Hurley are of the same sexiness? Biel was recently named the sexiest woman alive by Esquire magazine and now she's being compared to a 66 year old? How the mighty have fallen..This is so absurd that we have to do a quick comparison)

The tie at Forbes' #9, I see no tie here...


12) Jennifer Lopez: I feel like most guys have had their stint of love for J.Lo, so I can't really argue. The media made us love her and her butt.
12) Alyssa Milano: Love it! Great choice and good ranking, Forbes.
14) Pamela Anderson: Ah she was once the hottest thing any guy had ever seen. For nostalgia, let's not argue with this one.
15) Angelina Jolie: Personally, not a fan, but that's ok.

Since this is a "sexiest" list, I'll leave off personal favorites like Lauren Conrad, Lacey Chabert, and even Anne Hathaway, but man, that list sucks overall.

Blatant snubs:
- Carrie Underwood: Who I believe to be the prettiest woman in the whole world, which affords you at least a place in the top 15 sexiest.



- Katharine McPhee: She is so ridiculously attractive that it is ridiculous (word). - Rachel McAdams: Might not be that sexy, but she's much better looking than half the people on that list.

- Megan Fox: Ask any guy who saw Transformers and try and see if they wouldn't replace at least 3 people on that list with Fox.
- Katie Cassidy: I know that no one saw Black Christmas, but she made this movie watchable.
- Scarlett Johansson: This woman has pretty much defined beautiful for the past 3-4 years and she didn't even get a mention!
- Lindsay Lohan: Especially now that she's out of rehab, LiLo deserves at least a mention as well after all her time spent on top of many a sexy time list.
- Autumn Reeser: Made the last season of The OC completely worth watching and she's totally hot.
I suppose there is a reason why Forbes is a money magazine and not a Men's magazine, but I couldn't help but express my disapproval at one of the worst lists of this kind that I have ever seen published because of some of the inclusions and omissions.

The controversial source

1 comment:

Lena said...

Hmm..all brunettes? Word. That's where it's at brother.