Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Eminem is 35, wtf? Happy birthday anyways!

TMZ is reporting that Slim Shady/Eminem/Marshall Mathers himself is turning 35 in just over an hour here on the West Coast.

For some reason, Eminem is always going to seem like he's in his late 20's to me. Regardless, happy birthday to Eminem, who really was one of the leaders of bringing hip-hop back to something worth listening to. Though critics give Em crap for some of his newest tracks and honestly, I feel like his production doesn't age as well as a Dr. Dre track or Eminem himself, Slim Shady is one of the few celebrities still out there that I really want to meet and haven't yet.

I remember seeing Eminem in concert my senior year of college was one of the most exciting concerts I've ever been to. It was one of those concerts where you know all the words and you're just loving the whole thing.

So to Eminem, one of the greatest emcees of all time, and the star of one of the greatest hip-hop movies of all time in 8 Mile (and yes, I've seen Boyz in the Hood, Juice, Belly, The Mack, Warriors, that piece of crap movie Tupac Resurrection (gimme my money back!) and probably more hip-hop movies than most Asians should), happy birthday!

Lose Yourself in some chocolate cake, Em!

No comments: