Saturday, October 27, 2007

New hobby?

While I swing a little bit like Happy Gilmour and David Ortiz, I went to the driving range for the first time ever in life (I realize that I say that so much because of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, from the episode where he meets with Ashley's teacher) with my homey Linda last night.

You can get with this...
Or you can get with that...

I wouldn't say I was amazing, but I was a lot better than I thought. More importantly, golf, or well, the driving range, is a lot of fun! I enjoy the challenge and the discipline that you have to put towards the game. Because if you don't focus, you end up sucking! With a borrowed 9 Iron from the "Pro Shop" (is that what it's called? It makes me want to start calling people Chad and chit chat with people about playing polo at our house in the Hamptons... even though I don't know where the Hamptons are), I was hitting the balls to about the 120 yard mark. I was feeling pretty good about these swings, until this amazing Korean guy right behind me was just BOMBING the ball off the tee with his driver! Good lord.... made me proud...

I think I'm going to take a lesson or two so that I can learn proper technique and I might pick up a club this weekend. I never thought I'd like golf and I still don't know if I do, but I do love the driving range.


Not me.

No comments: