Monday, June 18, 2007

Jon Stewart to host The Tonight Show?

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, the Peacock is interested.

Would NBC really turn its back on Conan O'Brien, who has long been promised The Tonight Show seat, to let Jon Stewart take over the 11:30 late night spot?

This wouldn't be an ok move in my book, but it's not my money. Personally, I switched over to The Colbert Report months ago from The Daily Show and never looked back. If NBC turns its back on Conan, I have very little doubt that his dedicated fans would do the same.

It really annoys me when people say "more people get their news from Jon Stewart than the evening news."

No, they don't. Less people have cable TV than we think, but in Los Angeles, for some reason people think that the whole world has cable, DVR, and TiVo.

It's just something that people who like to sound "hip and trendy" like to say so that it seems like they're cool.

No comments: