Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Very ''Bloggy'' Post

I figured that I would take a break from the random and interesting news that I figure people might find interesting to do a more ''bloggy'', xanga-like post about my weekend. It's a bit of a throwback, but I feel like it's always good for sanity and it might make up for me forgetting to call anyone back. Well, I also have an hour to burn, so I figured I would try and be productive.

On Friday, I caught ''Knocked Up,'' which I think was hyped up a little too much in my head. It definitely had some funny moments, but not since ''Borat'' have I seen a movie that really made me laugh uncontrollably (other than the one part in ''Blades of Glory'' during their first male-male performance that anyone who has seen the movie remembers). I thought the movie was pretty good, gives hope to those of us who aren't strikingly good looking that maybe we could end up with a Katherine Heigl one day. Unrealistic? Probably, but it was still pretty entertaining. It's like watching a group of your friends make fun of each other for a couple hours. Ok laughs, but you wouldn't necessarily consider yourselves to be comic geniuses.

Yesterday was a great Saturday. I went down to Venice beach and biked along the beach up to and past Santa Monica pier and the various beaches along the coast. Who knew it was so close? We made it pretty deep into Santa Monica from Venice and back in just under an hour (59 minutes, putting the rental cost at $6 compared to $11 for two hour). I could definitely see myself doing this on a fairly regular basis because I don't really know what gets that much better than that.

Afterwards, we went to my favorite brunch spot, Jack and Jill's in Beverly Hills where I broke from the norm and got a grilled veggie focaccia sandwich that was really good!

We decided to walk off the food around Beverly Hills and ran into a lady who was walking a really well-behaved, older dog. We found out that there was a dog hospital and kennel right across the street where rescued dogs are taken care of in hopes of being adopted. In addition, people volunteer at the kennel and walk the dogs throughout the day (no set schedule). We decided to undergo the brief orientation and take a couple dogs out for a walk, which must be a thrill for the dogs instead of staying in the kennel all day. It was really fun and now we're legitimately considering getting a dog. However, he'd have to be older because we're not home all day and hopefully nothing too big to accomodate our apartment. Nothing is set yet, but it's exciting to think about!

After a brief stop at home, I met part of my favorite family that's not my own at Kate Mantilini's in Beverly Hills for dinner because they had come up from San Diego to go see ''Wicked'' at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood. Mantilini's was just as advertised, an upscale diner. I think it'd be a pretty cool date spot if you get there early (no wait by 6:00 on Saturday night, but filled up quick). Definitely runs about $25-$30 a person if you're reasonable, but it's not too bad of a deal considering the ambiance, service and selection.

It's Sunday today, came to church an hour early on accident and wondered why I got such a good parking spot. Now I'm sitting in the parking lot, about to head inside.

Today's goal? Clean my room. I've just been so busy during the week that it's turning into a mad house in there. Doing some work from home as well, but definitely looking forward to getting some much desired rest.

Hope everyone else's weekends have been equally random and great!

No comments: