Thursday, May 24, 2007

A day working the red carpet at the American Idol finale.


First and foremost, congrats to both Blake Lewis and the newest American Idol Jordin Sparks! While I've been a big Blake fan all along ("Yo, yo yo, dawg, you know I'm a big Blake fan, right? You in it to win it baby, yea yea yea yea!!") the reality is that the song that won the American Idol songwriter's competition, "This is my now," could not have been a worse song for Blake to sing ("ehhhh it was a little pitchy for me...").

Even if you wanted Jordin to win, like most of America, I think anyone would have a hard time saying that Blake's performance with Doug E. Fresh was not anything short of incredible.

Sorry for the late update, it's been a busy couple days out here! As some of you guys know, I worked the American Idol finale last night, helping out with the live web cast for the official AmericanIdol.com website. If any of you guys watched the live photo feed, that was the work of many of us working together, literally running to get it up, get it done, and hopefully, have it look good as well. And I think it turned out great!

I was working the red carpet with a great photographer and then running the photos up to our publicity room so that they could be uploaded onto our website and I think it came out great! I got to see a ton of celebrities while I sprinted back and forth throughout the mall at Hollywood and Highland, up and down the red carpet. Some of the more notable people that I got to see were of course, the judges - Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul, and Simon Cowell, along with many former Idols, and other TV personalities. Unfortunately, I missed Carrie Underwood and Katharine McPhee while I was making a run upstairs, but at least I saw Haley Scarnato, which almost made up for it.

Anyways, less talking, more pictures. I feel really blessed to have had the opportunity to be there and just really enjoyed working the whole day and getting to know a lot more people that I work with everyday. It's crazy that the Idol finale is probably the third largest television event behind the Super Bowl and Oscars and I got to be there!

Here we go, a day in the life of working the American Idol finale.

Pulling up to the Kodak Theater.
The Kodak Theater getting all Idol-ed up.


A little photo op before the madness begins.

The crew from Good Day LA. Jillian Barberie looked really good!

One of the hottest contestants ever to grace the Idol stage, Alaina Alexander on the red carpet

Our newest American Idol Jordin Sparks, a couple hours before being crowned.
Very leggy Idol finalist Haley Scarnato, being rushed through the red carpet with Blake

The Return of the Velvet Teddy Bear, Ruben Studdard to American Idol.

After a hard day's work (you can see how sweaty I am, gross...), we ran into former Idol finalist Anthony Fedorov in the Renaissance hotel.

After a quick change of clothes, we're off to the official American Idol after party in search of Idols!
Inside, it's like My Super Sweet Sixteen: Idol Style. A lot of fun!
Me with this year's Idol contestant, AJ Tabaldo

Me and Season Five finalist and AmericanIdol.com webcast host, Lisa Tucker - who was incredibly sweet, fun, and appreciative throughout the day. Great person to work with!
Former Idol finalist Constantine Maroulis has not forgotten how to pose for the camera

Many a female's favorite this year, Jared Cotter!
One of this year's most memorable early auditions.
Even more memorable, the incomparable Ian Bernardo.

To end this photo heavy post, we'll close out with a video that I shot of Ian getting down at the after party.


A great day and night. As one of the biggest Idol fans I know, it was such a thrill to be there.

No comments: