Thursday, May 03, 2007

So I just walked down to my local Enterprise Rent-a-Car (choosing not to have them pick me up like they say in the commercial because I thought it would be more expensive for some reason) and picked up a sweet 2006 Kia Spectra to drive while my car is being violated and in "stolen" purgatory.

Ladies, ladies, please try and keep your hands off me in my super effeminate Baby Blue 2006 Spectra! Please try and contain yourselves, I know it's hard!

Why did I choose the Baby Blue Spectra out of the wide variety of cars at the rental car location? The Chevy Cobalt didn't have power locks or windows (first choice). The Hyundai Elantra didn't have a CD player (second choice). The Ford Focus didn't have keys (third choice, keys were lost, which I could foresee being a problem for the location down the road). Leading me to the beautiful, body damaged and significantly scraped up, Kia Spectra. It has a CD player. It has a weird smell. And it's all mine for at least 15 days. I couldn't see myself forking out $40/month extra even with insurance just to drive a Dodge Avenger (not hating if you drive that car).

I used to make ridiculous turns in my Civic because I knew the dimensions so well. For the next 15-30 days, I will be driving like an old lady. What's worse is that I'm Asian. This is going to be a mess... maybe I should have got that extra insurance...

Viva La (and yes, it's feminine) Spectra!

No comments: