Sunday, May 06, 2007

Yesterday afternoon, I took a Scion xA out for a test drive around the mean streets of Culver City. I told the salesperson (Rommel) that I was not looking to buy that day because before I can make any moves, I have to make sure I get a check from insurance! He was totally cool with it and really lived up to the upfront pricing, no haggling service that Scion advertises. We drove around and talked about his job, differences he's had working at Toyota versus Scion, and things of that nature. Luckily, because of my experience working with CarsDirect, I can talk the talk pretty well when it comes to speaking with people from the autos industry.

Completely fell in love with the car! If I get a decent enough check from insurance, I'll definitely be looking to pick one up. $14,600 brand new with a Pioneer sound system and iPod connection! What's funny is that a brand new 2006 is actually cheaper than a used 2004 that I saw on the lot (likely had more features that I don't really need). The car was really comfortable to drive, loved the seats and its semi-sluggish acceleration. Big fan of the size and just overall feel of the car (and it has 4 doors! Cool!

I found this on Google Image Search. Heading was "Ugliest vehicle CURRENTLY available?"

And soon, it could be mine! At this point, I'm just hoping my car doesn't return so I can pick up one of these little aliens.

Going to test drive a MINI later today just for fun as well. I know I'm going to love it. I just know I won't be able to afford it.

On another note, I'll be taking my last test of my academic "career" tomorrow!

No comments: