Sunday, May 13, 2007

Joost is sweet.

Created by the guys who made Skype, Joost is a program and online community that allows you to use your computer and an internet connection in what is truly a near marriage of TV and Internet. You watch programs on demand that look just as good as they would on your TV over broadcast airwaves (except for if your monitor is hooked into your computer via an old school VGA cable, like mine).

If you have some time on your hands, you should definitely check it out. It's invite only, but you should be able to find one on eBay for $.99 no problem. I cannot say that I am not watching episodes of Laguna Beach via Joost and falling more and more in love with Lauren Conrad with every passing "like" filled (i.e. "omg, like that was like so not like cool, y'know? Like he should like totally know better") episode. A full season of something I wanted to see anyways and just for $.99!

Eventually, TV will transform into some form of something similar to Joost. I feel like me using it now will slow down the inevitable of me getting old and having no idea what people think is cool.

No comments: