Thursday, May 03, 2007

Goodbye car! You had a wonderful life, but now you are stolen.

At some point last night/this morning, my car was stolen. I'm pretty bummed about it. Not having a car in California is definitely a huge downer. I'm sure my car was taken for a joyride out and about town for a bit before it has now likely been chopped up into thousands of pieces and spread out around the globe. I hope that whoever stole my car enjoyed it as much as I did. If they didn't turn off the CD player, they were jamming out to my new Ne-Yo CD. Chances are they're using that same CD right now to seduce women while the rest of my car is chopped up so some Asian can plop my 1.8L motor with about 40k on the ticker into his 1981 Civic hatchback or CRX so that he can be 2Fast2Furious.

I used to hate Honda Civics, but I learned to love mine! It always started (except for when the battery cable came off every now and then). He always made it back and forth wherever I needed to be and I took care of him to thank him for that. I always had spare light bulbs, windshield wipers, and even had wheel locks on the car so that his shoes wouldn't be taken! The stock CD player gave me many a great day jamming out in the car and I always kept the interior clean (sometimes messy, but clean). And while he did emit a fart smell through the vents after I hit the wiper fluid button, that was pretty much the only downside!

Many a trip to visit my grandma and trips to San Diego were done with that car and it is sad that I will likely never see him again. I would leave him for months on end when I went on trips for the summer happily garaged in Fullerton. Everytime I came back, he was still happy to see me and greeted me with a joyous starting on his 1.8L underperforming engine. If I do see him ever again, I'm sure that it will likely have a swear word spray painted on him, along with urine and poop stains all over the seats, in which case, I'd rather not see it again.

It's funny how just when things seem to be going well (for me: new job, double graduating, finally not poor), things seem to blow up in peoples' faces. I wonder if it's really "the story of my life," or if this is just how it appears every time something unexpectedly bad happens because all of us say it! Now I'm going to be strapped with car payments for the next few years all because someone decided that they wanted to steal my car. Sweet!

Apart from the car itself, which totally blows, I lost a lot of other good stuff!
- GPS (Only used it 4 times!)
- Sharper Image Air Purifier
- Tons of new, packaged car parts that were excited to be used
- Stuffed lobster
- Bowzer beanbag
- About 100 burned CDs
- Bluetooth headset
- Two pairs of glasses + sunglasses

And I'm sure a whole lot more. I don't even want to think about what other good stuff was in there.

Goodbye car, you'll be missed and your clean exterior and interior will likely be replaced by an absolute beater.

RIP 2000 Honda Civic EX (2004 - 2007 with me). May your chopped up body parts cause every other car that uses them to experience spontaneous combustion on the freeway.

1 comment:

McBean said...

Oh my god! I'm sorry your car was stolen. I'm sorry I've been out of touch too. Work has been INSANE.

Also, if you need a new full time job...there are soon to be openings in my department. It would be fun to work with you, but there are other things about the job that I wouldn't wish upon people I like. But I'm just throwing it out there.