Monday, May 21, 2007

Does anyone else ever have those days when you scroll through your phone trying to think of who you could talk to when you have nothing to talk about? I've been having those days lately.

You search and search, scrolling through, to try and find those people who you don't need a reason to call. There are certain people who never ask why you're calling, they're just happy that you did. Those are the good ones.

Yesterday, Bonnie was my victim and a great one at that. I think one of the most rare things to find in the world are those relationships that make those moments seem normal. Even if you don't see these people, nor talk to them all the time, there are certain people you can always count on to just be there. Hopefully, I'm one of those people to some, although I often find myself silencing calls just because I feel like I'm in the middle of something.

And that's not fair.

Maybe this is what happens when you don't have class and aren't forced to see people all the time. Maybe this is the transition into post-college life. Maybe it's just been a rough week of wheeling and dealing, financing cars, and driving under 3,000 RPMs. Maybe I'm just tired.

Maybe I really need this 3 day weekend.

Maybe there are too many parasocial relationships with television characters that are being put on hiatus after season finales of Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, The Real World, The Hills, Ugly Betty, and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

Maybe today, I just need to get over it.

Or maybe, just maybe, disappointment becomes more real than you want to believe and you're actually justified in it, as much as you want to deny it.

Tomorrow is Tuesday.

On Wednesday night, I'm at the American Idol finale. This should be a great week.

But why isn't it?

No comments: