Sunday, May 20, 2007

Take a ride in my car, via YouTube!

Ridin' along in my automobile.

While a little disgruntled doing it, I took some similar videos (less informative and entertaining than those that were erased) of my new car today. I definitely like the car more today than I did yesterday, which I think is a good thing and I'm getting more and more used to driving it (but still have absolutely no concept where the front of the car ends).

360 Degree walk around of my Scion xA.

Just in case some of you were wondering why I'm buying a brand new 2006 Scion in the year 2007, it's because the Scion xA has been discontinued and this model is the last model of the xA that will be in production (for now). Clearly, this has its upsides and downsides. On one hand, there will never be that many Scion xA's on the road. They're made in limited production compared to other more popular Toyota models and Scions are only sold in select states. However, now that the car is discontinued, will the resale value plummet? When I bought my car, used xA's were going for more than new xA's. I don't really know how to read that, but to me, it said "get a new one." So while we see tons of xA's on California roadways, I wonder what it'll be like in a couple years if I take the car out on a road trip to a state where Scions aren't even sold! It would be a lot of fun to have a car that was the "first one that someone ever saw."

The only thing that was giving me some buyers remorse was the Honda Fit, a car that I initially really wanted and generally comes at the same price as the xA. While the Fit is supposed to be better in nearly every aspect, something about the look just doesn't do it for me. I've tried so many times to like it, but it looks so much like an angry bird or an Asian owl for me to like it as much as the editors of numerous car publications have expressed.

Today marked not only my first full day with the Scion, but the first time I've been back to Bel Air Presbyterian in a couple years. It felt good to be back.

No comments: