Monday, September 24, 2007

Amanda Bynes is a dream in Sydney White

Just got back from seeing Amanda Bynes' newest movie Sydney White. While I'm almost positive that almost every reviewer in the world is ripping the film a new one (Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie a 38%, but a lot of reviewers saw the good in it) , for what it was (a teen flick), I really enjoyed it.


OMG, let's be Kappas!!

Unfortunately, I think that too many reviewers watch teen movies and expect them to be Oscar winners or something more than they are. Loosely following the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sydney White [Amanda Bynes] and her Seven Dorks take on the evils of the Kappa sorority to help everyone on campus find their inner dork. Since I had only seen a couple previews of the movie, I really didn't know what to expect. I just know that I love Amanda Bynes, though she plays the same character in most every movie, which is ok with me because I love that girl. Not since "She's the Man," has Bynes been so funny and so great, which I think a lot of people think might be a joke, but I thought "Man" was a great teen flick. I thought it was funny how the movie did seem to poke fun at Gamma Phi Beta and Pi Beta Phi, but it was no Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities, nor was it meant to be.

Not the biggest hottie, but definitely one of my favorite Hollywood personalities.


Love her.

The movie had some good laughs courtesy of Amanda Bynes' trademark funny awkwardness and a feel-good storyline that was part Mean Girls, part Snow White.

In all, I just really liked it, as did the guy sitting at the front of the theater who clapped at the film's conclusion (although he also clapped at the end of the preview to Jennifer Lopez's new movie starring Omarion).
Nothing works...

My mind has been really restless lately and I took sleeping pills a little while ago to go to sleep. I need that Lunesta butterfly pretty bad.

No comments: