Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And the winner of the Billboard/LG Mobile Beat Concert Blogging Contest is....

Apparently, it's me!
I just received a call from the Marketing Director at Billboard, informing me that I was chosen the winner of this summer's Billboard Mobile Beat Concert Blogging competition. After applying, I was initially chosen to blog with about twenty something other bloggers from all around the country, covering concerts in our region. After that, it was an all out concert blogging war as we tried to outblog each other, cover more shows, produce better content, and get the best pictures.
Apparently, I was good enough all summer long.
HUGE thank you's to everyone who read, advertised for, and commented on my Billboard blog this summer. Your support means the world to me.
To the artists, Damon Castillo, Alissa Moreno, Libbie Schrader, Arden Kaywin, Overnight Lows, and especially Marie' Digby, who hooked me up with comps and let me come to non-Billboard scheduled shows on my own, thank you all so much.

So, what did I win?

A trip to the 2008 Grammy Awards and hopefully the opportunity to blog about it on Billboard.com.

Thank you to everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

rawwwwwwwwwr!

Lena said...

I KNEW You could do it! ALl those other blogs I read were okay, but yours had substance, great writing, and was actually pretty funny! I'm so proud of you. I'm going to take you out on an imaginary dinner...