Friday, September 07, 2007

Vanessa Anne Hudgens says Goodbye to High School Musical?

Vanessa Anne Hudgens' Nude Pictures Hit the Internet.

Goodbye High School Musical?

"I want to apologize to my fans, whose support and trust means the world to me...I am embarrassed over this situation and regret having ever taken these photos. I am thankful for the support of my family and friends." More here

I hope she and Zac Efron get married because those pictures might cost her a LOT.

Or at the very least, I hope he really liked the pictures because everyone else is looking at them right now, which probably includes Disney execs who are being forced into making a tough decision.
G1b m3 n00d$!!

By now, most of us have heard that High School Musical hottie and ultimate sweetheart Vanessa Anne Hudgens (AKA Gabriella) recently had some nude pictures leaked onto the Internet (which I really could post here, but I am trying to maintain some morals...though it is difficult... and since idontlikeyouthatway is getting bombarded, they're also here).
No longer a wildcat?

One would assume the pictures were taken for her boy toy Zac Efron, but the pictures are making their way around the web in a very big way and spammers are taking over Vanessa Hudgens fan sites via forums (which I'm sure have some of the nicest people in the world on them, seriously... because Gabriella is so unbelievably sweet in High School Musical) and posting pictures of the High School Musical hottie all over the place (and yes, she is legal).

If you aren't a High School Musical fan, Hudgens plays Gabriella, girlfriend of Troy Bolton (real life boyfriend Zac Efron), the school's star basketball player ("playmaker" HOLLA!!). Overall, High School Musical is one of the cleanest forms of family entertainment and kids' movie goodness that you could ever see. While Gabriella breaks the mold of an academic decathlon participant with her dazzling personality and ability to hang with the "cool crowd," she also helps Troy "break free" from just being a basketball star so that he can prove that he's more than that. Together, they're opposites. On stage, they are a singing dream.

While Disney currently denies published claims that the previously pristine teen star would be fired because of the pictures' release on the Internet, it'll likely only be a matter of time before Gabriella is written out of East High School's story lines. It would be easy to do because Gabriella's mom in the movies moves around a lot and her family never really gets the chance to settle anywhere. Additionally, because Gabriella is the smartest girl in school, saying that she skipped a grade and went to college early wouldn't be the biggest stretch in the world either. No matter what, I'll be shocked if Hudgens' Michael Vick-like fall allows her to be in High School Musical 3.

Why you gotta bring that up, dawg? Aw crap...

Or they can just say that she met some weirdo online and disappeared. That's believable too.

Sorry, I really like the movies. Anyways!

Interestingly, the pictures really don't even look like Hudgens (ok, I had to see what the commotion was about). At the very least, they look less like Hudgens than videos of R. Kelly peeing on an underaged girl.
Hold up, "allegedly peeing on an underaged girl."

As easy as it would have been to deny the legitimacy of the pictures, Hudgens' rep made what I thought to be a shocking move by confirming that the pictures were indeed of the Disney star.

Really? For a picture that doesn't even look like her? As much as I value honesty and am a terrible liar myself, I thought this was an interesting move by Team 'Nessa. I think it's a little bit too early for her to go Jessica Biel or even a more tame Anne Hathaway with the public.
Devil Wears Prada?

In Havoc, Hathaway wears nothing.

Not only are the pictures a huge blow to Hudgens' pristine image, but they're potentially going to be extremely damaging to Disney's new powerhouse franchise. With all the money that Disney is making off High School Musical everything that's invested in the movies, it'll be interesting to see how the Mouse handles what could be the fall of one of their most popular characters.

When I heard that the pictures finally leaked, I was surprisingly (really surprisingly) pretty bummed about it. It seems like everything has been tied to scandal lately, even my LC had some sex tape rumors floating around...followed up by rumors that her sex tape was "very vanilla" (YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!!!) - which really broke my heart.

Best of luck to Vanessa. I hope she stays on High School Musical because while Vanessa messed up, Gabriella is the perfect girl to play a perfect girl in a perfect high school.

To conclude, I'll just say this.
Do NOT go there, Hannah Montana.

1 comment:

Lena said...

I LOVED this post. So funny, dawg!