Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Lately, I've become a lot more aware of things that annoying about me and things that annoy me in other people.

Here are some of the things that I think are very annoying about me:
- I take over bathrooms and have at least two or three of everything that normal people only have one of inside a bathroom (pics to come) because I don't want to run out
- I get really antsy when people are late for things and especially when I am late for things (pacing, thinking of exit strategies, etc.), which comes from me getting screamed at many times for things by football coaches if anything was late.
- I tend to lean on things when I am speaking to people
- I reverse words a LOT and form awkward sentences when I talk to people in real life
- I take over conversations in small settings, but I am absolutely silent in big settings
- I throw footballs to myself inside houses
- I really like stuffed animals
- After anyone suggests a restaurant, I generally ask "Does it cost a lot of loot? I like everything, but I just want to know"
- I type with a LOT of emoticons on IM and I write emails that have a lot of exclamations marks
- Online, I start a lot of sentences with prepositions and I use the word "before" and "during" a lot
- I say "cool" a lot on IM instead of "ok"
- I reference "The Hills" at least once a day in one of my conversations
- I ALWAYS check blindspots when changing lanes and it makes me seem like I'm not an adventurous driver
- I get really annoyed when people call me while I'm driving and I don't already have my headset in
- I use a lot of superlatives ("Best day ever," "Prettiest girl on the planet," "Best meal of my life")
- I am really messy. Not like rotting food disgusting, but I just leave stuff all over the place and cannot help it
- When people form dancing circles, I'm always one of the first people to jump in the middle and "act a fool"
- I say things like "obvi," "Nordi's," "wtf," and "omg" a lot in real life
- If I notice that someone's first language is Spanish at a restaurant, I speak to them in Spanish
- I listen to music for girls very loud in the car
- People who are always late for stuff and think it's ok because they're just "always late"

Things that generally don't sit well with me:
- Picky eaters
- People who don't call you back, but then expect you to call back right away when they finally return your call
- People who get "defeated" when something doesn't go their way
- People who "just do grad school" (unless it's law, med, or business), don't work, and complain about how busy they are
- People who take sports and video games way too seriously and ruin everyone else's day
- "Off" senses of humor and people who don't know when to stop telling race related jokes and think it's still funny. It's funny for a bit, but minorities can generally roll for longer doing it
- People who can't ever find one correct note when singing along to a song
- Talking about driving routes to get places that you'll never go to ever again
- People who still drive and talk on the phone without headsets and drive crappily. Headsets only cost $5
- Pessimists
- People who say they hate a genre of music so much that they can't even listen to the end of one song
- People who can't stay on one TV channel for the duration of a show
- Watching sports with people who don't know what they're talking about, but yet they continue to speak. When I watch a sport I'm not familiar with, I don't pretend I know more than anyone else.
- When people don't wear deodorant and generally any time that things are smelly (esp. feet)
- Bad senses of humor (people will say that's subjective, but sometimes, it's not)
- People who get very sick and decide they need to share their virus with the world. If you're sick, be a man and pretend you're not sick so that everyone else won't think they're sick

Ok, I have to stop adding to both lists or I'm never going to sleep. Goodnight all. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

McBean said...

I lean on things when I speak to people too. I think it's because I'm afraid they'll say something that will make me fall over, I guess. (Kidding. I have no idea why I do it).

BTW, you're not annoying.

Lena said...

OMG.
Man after my own heart.
Ironically it's similar to my next blog I'm about to write. Two inspirations in one day! Lucky girl.