Monday, August 06, 2007

Haters upset me a little...

This morning, I discovered that someone was posting as "Dave Chung" on The Orange County Register website, making statements that were completely contradictory to those that I made in my Clay Aiken concert report for Billboard.com. While I have my suspicions about who would do such a thing (as the most logical explanation is that it is someone who is in the Mobile Beat competition), I just wanted to take a second to clear my name and let everyone know that it wasn't me making those statements that have since been deleted.

I have never even visited The Orange County Register site in my life, nor would I have any reason to read it because I don't live in Orange County. Whoever was posing as me clearly did some homework, found my blog, and even signed a post with "kisses!!!" which I would obviously never say in real life (I'm pretty straight in real life, despite a lot of my online personas) and posted as a joke recently in a post with a Katherine McPhee picture. I hope that everyone from Claymaniacs and beyond knows that this was not me posting such ridiculous stuff on the comments section of The OC Register and I really appreciate all the Clay fans giving me the benefit of the doubt before making a judgment.

For whoever did it (and I think I know who you are), I'm going to take the high road on this one, but I hope that you can take a look at yourself and realize that this was a childish act that you should really be ashamed of. I believe modern day philosopher Fat Joe once said that the "Jealous Ones Still Envy (J.O.S.E.)." He then told us all to "lean back, lean back, lean back" and before that, asked us "What's love?" (those are unrelated). Regardless, I am embarassed for whoever took the time to try and take away from my work. I'm not going to spit fire back, but I really feel bad for you that this is what takes up your free time in the summer. Thanks for the motivation, because I was lacking some lately.

Thanks to the Clay fans and everyone else for supporting me.
-dc

1 comment:

Lena said...

Oh, you know who it is, and you know they're gremlins, but go ahead, take the higher road, I don't have to haha! Kisses!