Sunday, August 19, 2007

While my weekend was overridden with concerts, I took a few hours to finally watch the phenomenon that has taken over the United States.

This phenomenon of course, is High School Musical.


And now, High School Musical 2.

Following the journeys of Gabriella

And Troy...

Why so squinty, Zac?

as they sing and dance their way through the trials of high school. I actually really liked the first one. I thought it was a great TV movie that could have been a real movie (but it probably made more money on TV and the ratings it gave Disney Channel) not just for the lil' tikes, but for anyone who enjoys a little song and dance in their day.

I wasn't so crazy about the second one, the music, or the solo dances. Really, the only great song in the second one was where Gabriella was all sad and singing that one song with tears in her eyes.

Gotta Go My Own Way... the best song in High School Musical 2... If you don't like it much, you probably won't like the movie.
The rest of it was just ok and there were too many parts where Troy was just dancing around by himself, especially on the golf course, where he would have been arrested and thought to have escaped from a mental facility by the way he was going off on his own.

The first one just had so many catchy songs and while I think Ashley Tisdale is great normally, I thought the first one had a lot more balance for all the characters.
OMG, yay!

Other than that, the second one was ok!

Did I really just do a blog post about High School Musical? Yes I did.

No comments: