Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Washington Post recently published a pretty fun read by Danna Walker, where a college professor challenges her class to go a day without eMedia - no TV, cell phones, Internet, etc.

Here's an excerpt.

"'I was in shock," wrote one student. "I honestly did not think I could accomplish this task. The 24 hours I spent in what seemed like complete isolation became known as one of the toughest days I have had to endure.'

Another student apparently did not see the irony in this statement: 'I felt like I would be wasting my time doing the project. I did not want to give up my daily schedule, which mainly includes lying on my couch, watching television and playing The Sims2 -- a [life simulator] computer game.'"

I thought it was a great read! Check it out here.

No comments: